The Professorship for Theoretical Ecology at the University of Regensburg / Germany studies theory and statistical methods in ecology, evolution and conservation.
Key research areas are
- Community assembly and coexistence mechanisms
- Biogeography, distributions and macroevolution
- Applied biostatistics and Bayesian inference
- Statistical methods for stochastic simulations, including Approximate Bayesian Computation (ABC)
- Dynamic Vegetation Models and their connection to data with Bayesian inference
University of Regensburg